Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Snow Baby

Through Matthew's side of the family, I think there might be a smidgen of Swedish heritage. Perhaps that explains why Natalie enjoys being bundled up and toted around in the sled when the outside temps are barely double-digit. Did you know that Swedish families put their babies outside for their naps - year round? It's true! When my SIL's friend from Sweden was visiting over the holidays, she napped her youngest daughter outside. Rebecca, my sister-in-law, felt compelled to call the neighbors to assure them that A.) she was well aware that there was a baby in a stroller outside her front door, and that B.) she was o.k. with it.

While I'm not brave enough or whatever enough to nap Natalie and/or Leah outside, I'm quite fine letting her be a happy little babushka, sitting in the sled, her apple cheeks ripening in the sun, especially when she looks like this:



In that snowsuit, she reminds me of Maggie Simpson in her star-baby bunting.
Of course, we won't have nary a flake left with the balmy weather we've been having. And I am NOT complaining one bit. Nuh-uh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, 5-7 inches on the way! Cute kid!