That's sarcasm, but in all sincerity, I wish to send big thank yous to the following fine folks who have recently featured my work on their blogs and consequently made me blush, bow my head, twist my toe in the ground, and utter an "aww... shucks."
THANK YOU, Emily at The Scoop for her beautifully photographed "un-boxing" of the Bubble Box you purchased from my shop.
Along with the extra publicity, it is truly nice to know that the little touches I include with my sold items are appreciated. As an Etsy buyer, I know I like those little surprises. Speaking of buying, please pop in to Emily's shop here or her gorgeous Web site here and browse her lovely, lovely works. I'm partial to her pieces with this quote as it was in my Dad's arsenal of utterances when my brothers and I were exceptionally whiny brats.
THANK YOU, Jon and Rachel at paper & planes for the feature and description of my handcut cards. I love that you title these sorts of posts, "Crafty People." Contraversial arguments and t.v. drama aside, I really wanted to be a guest on Rosie O'Donnel's show when it was running, just so she could yell in my face, "You're so CRAFTY!" Coming from such a crafty team, you guys have fulfilled my wish with your post and you saved me a plane ticket to L.A. :) Here is one of Rachel's signature works available in her Etsy shop.
THANK YOU (belatedly), Jason at The Best Part for featuring my topo cards on your slick design blog. Again, big time blushing for being included in such talented company.
THANK YOU (again, way late), Jessica at {Black. White. Yellow.} for highlighting my topo cards. She's got a clean blog, a creative mind, and a bright, refreshing Etsy shop where she sells fun things like these:
THANK YOU (beyond late), Ez at Creature Comforts for liking and mentioning my aqua topo cards. Seeing them with the other lovely blue selections makes my cheeks turn pink. She too has an Etsy shop with charming items like this one:
THANK YOU, Dunie Jam at Djanuartha for featuring a whole bunch of my topo cards. It's so cool how people make different connections to these pieces, from maps and architecture, to lakes, cells, and other biomorphic shapes. Abstract art calls for abstract reactions. :)
THANK YOU, Monica at of paper and things for getting your "daily paper fix" (I love that) from my topo cards. O.K. I'm not alone in the world with being a bit obsessive about paper. I love the smell of new books (some old ones too depending on where they've been), the feel of a solid ream of printer paper, the slice of a clean cut of cardstock... it's crazy, but that's a little bit of heaven for me. I think I could live in a paper store, except that I would never sleep. Perhaps Monica would come visit me there. :)
THANK YOU, Jennifer at Badassical (how fun is that name?) for including my bubble cards in her collection of cellular favorites. Again, I'm impressed and inspired by the abstract takes on my oddly shaped cut-outs. Jennifer pulls out some other fun and funky cell-related pieces too - this was one of those blog posts that lead me on a chain of Web sites that kept me up way past my bedtime.
Whew! I think that's all for now. Now do you see why I'm blushing so much? It's a good problem and nothing a little hard work at my craft table won't cure.
I apologize to all the folks who read this blog hoping for updated photos of the girls. You're just going to have to come visit us to see 'em! :) We're headed to the state fair this afternoon and if I remember to bring the camera, I hope to have some photos to share with you soon.
Golly, it's been almost a year since we did this. Wheeeeeee!


2 comments:
Aww that first picture isn't showing.
I looked for your cards a couple weeks ago -- when you first posted about it actually, at Lazy Janes but I didn't see them anywhere! Maybe they were sold out.
I love your cards and have saved them all for framing one day.
you're so FAMOUS!! hey, maybe on that "Best Part" guy's request, you could cut a thin sheet of laminate wood. I think they sell those in big sheets and they're thin enough that you could at least cut them with a box cutter if not an exacto..
Post a Comment