Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It must have been the cookies...

We are a happy happy household tonight. Most of our good cheer is due to the events of tonight that be printed boldface in history textbooks henceforth. Some of it is because we're all on a sugar high.

Leah and I made "Obama Cookies" this afternoon in hope that they would become victory victuals after the polls closed and the results were submitted. The recipe is a basic butter cookie set from Martha's Everyday Cooking. We rolled out the dough, cut big circles with a drinking glass, and cut small circles from the larger ones using the removable center part of the blender lid.



The recipe made two tall stacks of "O"s plus a couple of flag experiments.



I ran out of powdered sugar so I couldn't make a royal icing, but I did have some leftover cake frosting and it worked, more or less, in a pinch.



They're tasty with or without frosting, look pretty cute, and totally did the trick. Yeee-haw!

January 20th can't come fast enough. We are so proud of you, Barack!

1 comment:

jbd said...

It's so nice hear what you guys are up to. We miss you and your happy family 'round these parts. -The Dargans