Wednesday, January 21, 2009

While the Weather Outside is Frightful

The past few days have been lovely and even the nighttime low has stayed above zero. But last week we endured some butt-ass cold days and nights. I don't use the term "butt-ass" lightly either. It was the kind of cold that takes your makes your lungs seize with shock on their first, shallow inhalation. The kind of cold where Jack's poop steams wildly at first before freezing almost before I bag it up. The kind of cold where snow behaves differently, more like ice, and trees withdraw into themselves. The kind of cold when you marvel at the fact that we make our homes on this barely sub-arctic tundra. The kind of cold old grandpappies speak of when they tell stories that begin with "Back in my day..." You get the idea. Butt-ass cold.

So what happens in the Karger/Tift household when faced with what amounts to a lock-down? We make the most of it, as you can clearly see below.

Leah finds some bubble wrap and takes the little car for a spin.



Both girls find it's more fun to play IN the toybox rather than with the toys inside the toybox.



Natalie finds a precariously cute pose on a dining chair.



And then this happens. Inevitably. Cabin Fever is sometimes, mere moments away.

2 comments:

abcgirl said...

i think my favorite part is leah's announcement that the VIDEO IS OVER!!! hahahahahaha!

:)

hadjare said...

Morella and I enjoyed them all immensely. In fact we watched them several times. I have to remember to do a video thing this month. It's so easy to forget to do it. I kind of wish I had done more when she was little...but hey, some is better than none.

This weekend it's stupposed to get cold again. :( I can't wait until spring.