Thursday, February 05, 2009

New Gnome

Maybe it's the kid in me, the girl in me, or the nerd in me, but I like gnomes. And I like miniatures. And I like handmade. So I pretty much had to buy this little guy from the talented and wonderful, Etsy seller, Dannielle.



I took this photo of him as soon as I pulled him from the shipment wrappings, and I sent it to Dannielle to confirm his arrival. She said it brought tears to her eyes. He's made out of bendy wire wrapped with thread, handstitched pants, shirt and hat, and a handpainted wooden bead head with a soft grey beard. My new gnome now lives among my other miniatures in one of my three old type tray shadowboxes. I like to think that when no one's home, they all jump out and play together.

Dannielle's taking a little time off from her shop to work on other projects, but I think there may be a buddy for my dear gnome in the not-so-distant future.

No comments: