Friday, January 15, 2010

Dee-lish!

Along with so many other awesome goodies, my lovely folks gave us a big ol' bag of pecans and some locally sourced and produced maple syrup. Not long after our return from the holiday trip, I put those two magical ingredients to work with the help of a recipe I was itchin' to try for Cinnamon Maple Pecans.

*** Please take a moment to wipe the drool from the corners of your mouth. ***



I found the recipe on the Craft zine blog and immediately bookmarked it. I love the simplicity of ingredients, the fact that it's not terribly sinful as a snack, the aromas that escape the oven as the pecans roast, and the amazing taste -- a bit like kettle corn with with balance of salty and sweet. So good, I just had to share.



This treat does have one major drawback -- they simply don't last long in our house. We all grab a little handful whenever the stash is out, and within a day or two, they are long gone and I'm prepping a new double batch for the oven. Give it a whirl, and let me know if any of you come up with some fun variations.

2 comments:

hadjare said...

Awesome! Thank you so much for posting that. I have 2 lbs of pecans and a ton of maple syrup so I can totally make this before the pantry bugs get to the nuts. :D

M. B. Karger said...

Dad, I'm leaving the comment you sent via e-mail on here because I think it's worth a chuckle:

"From across the room, I thought the photo was of a bunch of dead cockroaches."

Dee-lish, indeed, Pops. ;)