
His tail, usually quite dormant for a dog, went berserk, whipping in every direction, his ears stood at taut attention, and his neck strained at his collar and leash.

And this is why:

It was so cute! After I snapped these photos, we brought Jack inside, came back out and carefully tipped the crock on its side. The lil' guy wasted no time and bolted out of the crock, down the porch, and under a crack in the cement. He's probably related to if not complicit in the group of mice that have been leaving their little black calling cards in our kitchen recently. But finding him/her helpless in this crock gave me hope that we could use the dangling toilet paper roll method to catch one of 'em one of these days and actually find him/her in the garbage can in the morning. What we'd do if we actually caught one? I don't know. I guess if we release them outside, they'd just come back in and think it was all just a fun field trip. I don't want to kill them either. And, in case you're wondering, I don't want to keep them as pets either. We already know what Jack thinks of them. :)
If you've got any tips, let me know!


No comments:
Post a Comment