Friday, November 09, 2007

All the Rage...Again


Years before I even had an inkling of a care about what I looked like, I wore a knit scarf/hood combo thing. It was the puke-iest color of blue, if blue can be considered puke-y. But, the thing was cozy. The "scoodie" as it has come to be called, is baaa-aack. This time, however, it has been incarnated in more tasteful knit patterns (Michele, you will post pics once yours in done, right?), mod prints, and common sense fleeces.

As my little Kenmore and I are getting to know one another a little more these days, this looked like a doable project.

Ta-da! I made one for the Ba-ba-bear, and one for me. Leah's is a cozy fleece/corduroy number with tassels on the top and fringies on the ends. Mine is made from fleece I bought eons ago for a dress that failed and a decor fabric from the remnant store back home.

Both are deliciously cozy. Practical? Kinda. Stylish? Wait and see. I may just look back on this in five years and laugh enough to keep me warm.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Those look great!!

I'll post pictures once mine is done. I didn't follow a pattern at all when it came to this dang thing and it's beginning to show. Modifications galore! I want to get it done before the whole Night We Light extravaganza in Bemidji.

Are you guys heading this way for Thanksgiving?

M. B. Karger said...

Thank you, thank you. I'll make you one if you want!

As far as I know, we'll be staying close to home for turkey day. We hope to head north for last week+ in December.

Knit, knit, knit!