Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Our Family in Styrofoam


With help from Leah, I crafted a little snow family using foam balls, felt, sticks, and dry beans. The kids sport scarves with their first initials on them, while Matthew and I (which is which? I don't know) stand behind. They're pretty cute, but they are nothing compared with the ones my mom made a zillion years ago (not that my mom is a zillion years old!). She knitted little forms with eyes, buttons, hats and scarves and which were supported with foam balls. Much cuter.

Maybe next year I'll try to mimic Mom's version. Of course, it will be tricky trying to get anything to resemble a greyhound!

Note: The felt is red and green, but I used that color accent feature on the camera again to bring out the red and hide the dreary background. Also note that this photo was taken mere minutes before we got our "instant winter" snowfall. We're up to our shins in the real white stuff!

No comments: