Thursday, January 24, 2008

She's Breakin' Outta Her Jammies!




After a couple of months of being a bit on the shrimpy side, Natalie has decided to kick things into high gear. Her appetite and recent growth spurt remind me of when my parents recalled that they could hear us kids growing in our sleep: creeeeeek.

This kid's in near- constant "feed me" mode, gormandizing rice cereal, applesauce, bananas, and peas so far, with more menu items to introduce soon. It's not all going to waste (pun intended); she's much more able-bodied as well. She figured out that she can roll onto her tummy and back again whenever she likes, and, with the right motivation, she can almost do an unassisted sit-up. Would it be freaky if our infant had six-pack abs? Oh, and check out her bottom gum line. She must have been humming "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" when we weren't around.

When she's not humming, making raspberries, or the cutest little "tha-tha-tha" song, I think her other favorite sound to make falls along the line of a roar. It's half grunt, half I don't know what, but it's silly.

We hope she keeps this growing thing up for a while. I try not to think about her not being a teeny-tiny, limp noodle in my arms and how precious those moments were. I better start swapping out her clothes in the dresser for ones that fit!

1 comment:

Michele said...

This little piggy went to market but only after it escaped the evil clutches of the footie pajamas.

She's adorable! I love those two little teeth but quietly cringe for the first bite while nursing. Emma was always gentle but Abby drew blood on more than one occasion.

My brother's 8 month old son has thighs that put mine to shame. It's amazing this kid was almost put back in the hospital for not gaining any weight soon after he was born.

Kids spread out in all directions. Weeds I tell ya!