
Uffta!
Ja, vee got sum snoh, den. Southern Wisconsin was Whomp-cracked (just for you, hon) with snow yesterday. Matthew got his aerobic workout in the morning, picking up the 5-6 inches we received over night. I planned to do more of the chore during the day when it "let up." Yeah. It didn't let up until nearly seven o'clock. That's when Matthew gave it another shot before his back began singing him a siren song to crash on the couch. I took over and spent about an hour digging veritable trenches to civilization. The hardest part was finding a place to put it all. Although what we have is peanuts compared to what my uncle is "enjoying" down in Utah, or what they receive annually in Rhinelander, we have to pitch each shovelful onto an avalanche-prone mini-pyramid of snow and ice. By the end of the evening, my back was harmonizing with Matthew's.
Today, it's a brilliant scene with bright blue skies, temps in the high twenties, and so far no vehicles have been stuck in the intersection (there were at least four yesterday). Not teaching this year means that I "missed out" on a snow day, but what am I saying? Every day is a snow day for me and my little snow bears.
p.s. I updated the Picasa site, so check out the Our Pics link on the left.


No comments:
Post a Comment