I think you can only truly have a "big melt" when you've had all the snow we've had this winter. (And the weather reports say still MORE snow tonight and tomorrow!) With overnight lows still above freezing, the gi-normous mountains of back-breaking precip, are quickly dwindling into dirt covered mounds. More snow be damned, Spring is on its way. The cardinals are belting out their video-game songs at first light, the piles of dog doo in the back yard are resurfacing like b-movie zombies from their graves, and we can take a walk without a coat or mittens. Yes, by golly, winter has had its day.
Because of that and the fact that Trader Joe's always has super cheap flowers, my mommy bought a few springy buds to banish the winter doldrums. Here are two pics from "Day 1" of the bouquet. Don't they look purdy? I think I may have to replace my desktop picture with one. Help yourself!


(Yes, I know these photos are a little
Mapplethorpe-ian or
O'Keefe-ish. They
are "two-lips!" O.K. get your minds out of the gutter, people!)
1 comment:
very pretty (and spring-like) photos! nice to see you in storytime today. :) leah's picture (and her explanation) totally cracked me up. ("here's his dorsal fin!")
Post a Comment