Our little goofball is a star! Leah successfully performed in her very first ballet recital this afternoon, on stage, in front of a large audience. She was awesome! I got a little teary eyed taking it all in with yet another "simple-to-say, deep-to-comprehend" thought: I am watching MY DAUGHTER dance on stage! (In my head, I always hear David Byrne singing "How did I get here?")
We were not allowed to film the recital, but we did get to capture the dress rehearsal yesterday. In true rebel style, Leah was not wearing a grass skirt like all the other cuties. I assumed incorrectly that she didn't have rehearsal earlier this week - and that's when the instructor handed out the new duds. As a result, she is clearly identifiable - yeah, we planned it that way.
Here's the video!
The girls look to the side of the stage to get directions from their instructor. When we asked Leah why she was looking behind her she said that she wanted to see the painting of The Little Mermaid on the backdrop... and she wanted to make sure there were no monsters on the stage. Atta girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment