
Leah participates in a pre-ballet course and has a few moves down already. Her favorite is the echappe as it involves jumping. She is not the class prima ballarina and she is the only one without a pink tutu (I kinda gagged at all the girly-ness on day one), but she does pretty well and has fun. We parents were allowed to watch rehearsal this week and I caught the stinker paying attention to me rather than her instructor. The recital is in April and they will be dancing in hula skirts and t-shirts to "Surfin' Safari." I know.

Last night, I sold this papercut piece (roughly 12 hours after I listed it)! It really made my day. What's more, it was my first repeat buyer. Yeah, baby! I was ready to logout and call it a night when I found out and suddenly I had this burst of excitement and energy, just enough to pack up the piece, print out a mailing label, and get everything ready to ship out the next morning. I do need to work on becoming more efficient with the entire listing and packing processes, but it will come with practice. As it is now, if I charged an hourly rate for the time I spend photographing, describing, categorizing, listing, packing, and shipping these babies, I doubt I'd see any returns. Who would want to buy a 500 dollar 4 x 6 papercut? :)
As always, the sale fuels me to create more and fill the void. I could get used to this.


1 comment:
You know, I was a ballerina. I had a pink tutu. They aren't that bad. My sister lasted longer than I did, and the costume of hers which I remember most was blue, sparkly, with a blue cowboy hat. I'm sure they danced their tiny butts off to "Wild Wild West." I also remember the year they Vogued. Constantly. Now, that's something to gag on.
Post a Comment