Thursday, September 13, 2007

Fall Cleaning




Perhaps it's because I am often chair-bound (nursing) and have the time to assess the current state of our house and create mile-long to do lists, or maybe it's the chill in the air that has me planning clean-up tasks. For whatever reason, I've finally conquered the kids' room, namely the monstrous pile of toys and books and artwork that until recently ruled most of the floor space there.
Taking a tip from Super Nanny and others, I boxed up all of Leah's toys into four plastic totes. One, a smaller one, is for very special toys that Leah can play keep in her room all the time. She picked them out, with some recommendations from Mom. The other three totes will be on rotation with one tote at the foot of the bed and the other two stacked in the attic. Hopefully this will keep her room more tidy, her toys more "fresh," and our clean-up time abbreviated. She's only asked for stored toys a couple of times so far...

Leah also helped me wash dishes today. She's done this before, but this time, I whipped out the camera and snapped a cute one of my cute one.

No comments: