

Perhaps the more exciting news is that I've actually had some time to craft -- thanks in large part to my dear hubby and my charming, semi-patient kids. Along with a couple little odds and ends, the two major projects have been creating a new medium-sized diaper bag and a little cut paper bit of "art" to hang on the wall in our bedroom.
The bag was crafted out of necessity. We're savvy enough parents not to need the gigantic bag we bought for Leah from Land's End, yet I couldn't quite squeeze all I wanted into what we called the "diaper bag mini." With six pockets and the middle, it holds wipes, diapers, two clean onesies, my wallet, phone, a pen, a little notebook, pads, something small to amuse Leah in an emergency, a burp cloth, and my nursing apron. Oh, and I even sewed in a little key ring -- I'm ever so proud of that little detail.
The cut paper project was totally inspired by Patrica Zapata's recent work. I'm not nearly as talented with a subject or an exact-o, but I like what I made. It's quite subtle against the light blue wall of our bedroom, but it sticks up from the wall just enough to get the idea when you're closer.
I know that I have some household projects that NEED to get done, so I can't let my craftiness loose entirely, but it's been a fun and productive few weeks so far! Thanks for looking.


No comments:
Post a Comment