Tuesday, September 18, 2007

French Breakfast


With temps in the mid-eighties and hazy blue skies, it's far from snowy, but these mornings home from school have often felt like "snow days" and there's an itch to seize the day. When the overabundance of Wisconsin winter white stuff did cancel school, I liked to celebrate by making something a little "fancy" for breakfast: muffins, pancakes, omelets, anything other than a bowl of instant oatmeal. Today, I whipped up a batch of crepes and threw in a handful of fresh raspberries before rolling them up, squeezing a bit of lemon juice over the top and then sprinkling some Splenda as a finishing touch. Paired with a mug of pressed coffee, the radio playing "Here Comes the Sun" in the background, Natalie quietly napping and Leah creating a scene in her doll house, it was a gourmet morning.

Say it with me: Mmmmmmmmmmm...

(and, yes, I did take that photo -- boo ya!)

1 comment:

abcgirl said...

yummers. can i come to your house for breakfast? great photo! no, seriously. when are we having a crepe party?